Founded in the mid-19th Century as the Dresden Works, the site originally formed part of a large china manufacturer.
By the 1920s, it was known as Delphine Pottery and during World War II it was used as a military store. It returned to pottery production in 1948 by Spencer Stevenson & Co., who produced ‘useful bone china ware’ and renamed the factory the Enson Works.
They worked here until at least 1963, but after that the site declined and in 1989 it threatened with demolition. Thankfully the Stoke-on-Trent saw the site’s value and purchased it in 1998. The whole site is now protected.
Today 3 of the 47 remaining kilns in Stoke-on-Trent are inside our office. They’re used as meeting rooms, training spaces and even a games room.